Monday, March 23, 2015

Esperando, esperando, y esperando....‏



Cute comps at zone conference (photo taken from the mission blog)

HEY!

This week went well!! It was a little crazy, we didn´t have a ton of time to do things, and a bunch of fechas fell through, but you know what? I´m happy! It´s been going well still! We have ton a ton of awesome contacts and working WAY hard. Quite honestly, it´s the work that is the best. If I can give my all every day, yeah there are still bummers, but at the end of the day, I´m happy, because I know that I´m in the Lord´s work and that I´m doing everything I can! But don´t think this week was bad, it´s just something I´ve realized over time. 

BUT one thing that we have had to do a TON this week is WAIT!! On Monday night the assistants called saying that we had to take Hermana Huaccha to her zone conference in Achupallas, another zone that none of us had never been to before. And we had to be there at 8. So, we got up at 5:30 and left at 6:30ish and got SO lost!!! Everyone was telling us different things and the elders didn´t know what they were talking about so we got there right at 8 when we were supposed to get there hahaha and then it took us about an hour and a half to get back. When we went to pick her up, we waited in the WRONG SPOT for about a half hour and then finally figured it out and got there, but then on the way home, it took 2 hours for a bus to pass by that went to Chorrillos, because all of the colectivos were full. YIKES! BUT, we ended up having a lot of fun, just crazy stressful the loss of time. But, we bonded, and I got to see Achupallas and a bunch of other missionaries that I haven´t seen in a while :)

ALSO, this morning I had my doctors appointment for my head. It turns out my muscles just are always tense and never ever relax, so it gives me big headaches and makes me really tired during the day, so I´m going to take muscle relaxants at night!  He said that it´s principios of something (hypertense muscles?? I don´t know!) that I didn´t understand in Spanish, but that he´s going to control. So no worries! And we got there at 11 for my appointment and the doctor had just randomly left for lunch so we waited for 2 HOURS of precious pday time for the appointment... Lame! But once again, we ended up laughing, I just feel bad for my companions! 

Besides that, everything is going well. I really love the mission and this work!!! It is amazing to see the affects of the atonement in my life and in the lives of others. We are helping two teenagers of 13 and 15, M and B, to learn about the gospel, and they have been addicted to drugs for years. They´re so little! It breaks my heart. But the cool thing is, they´re a referral from a less active, and she said she knows that what will help them is get closer to God and having the church in their life. It´s incredible, even though she´s strayed from the path, you can´t deny the empowerment of the atonement, and it´s ability to help and cleanse you. I am so blessed to be able to bring this message of hope to people here in Chile!! :) I hope you all remember it as well. I love you all so much, i hope you have a great week!!!

Hermana Hansen
Happy Trio

Elders being silly


Hayley's district

A boy dancing with a Michael Jackson video

Their friend Thiare wearing the girls' nametags

Thiare doing hair

Hermana Huaccha

Add caption




I found LOTS of photos of Zone Conference on the mission blog. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment