Monday, May 19, 2014

MILAGROS‏

Flowers from an investigator's child



HOLA.

How are you all??? Chile is still going great, yeah my comp isn´t my favorite but the work is awesome, so I can´t complain! This week not a lot happened, but we did see miracles so here I go.

First of all, things are going better with my companion, I just have to change my thinking. And hey I´ll only be with her for 4.5 months max, so I just have to make the most of it. 
We set a lot of baptismal dates this week, we HAD 5  total but then all of our investigators got sick (seriously it´s the time of year!!) and so two lost their dates :'(  
BUT. We have an incredible investigator named M. Hermana Puertas and I were helping reactivate her and her family and she wanted to go to the temple but they weren't able to find her records!! So they did everything - even wrote Salt Lake - but it looks like she never got baptized! So we thought it was gonna be way easy, but we felt like something was off. So we talked to her more, and turns out she has a problem with smoking. BUT she really wants to quit and be an example to her family and REALLY wants to go to the temple!! SO. We immediately promised her a million blessings and called our district leader and he gave her a blessing. That was Wednesday and she hasn´t smoked since and is getting baptized on Saturday if all goes well!! :) HUGE miracle. The Lord really is more powerful than Satan!

We had a zone conference, it was super fun, I have a great zone!! :) But really, I have the best district in the mission haha and it´s a FACT. This is Elder Wilkes last cambio here though, our district leader, so that´s gonna be a little sad :( 
 
Hmmmm I don´t know what else to say! A and M are amazing, and I love them so much! (my two converts) I am going to be sad to leave Ovalle, that´s for sure :)

Another tender mercy, we had to go visit someone last night but it was kinda late and I felt kinda nervous going through this one area, but we did it anyways. When we were in the middle of the neighborhood, I felt a really bad feeling and IMMEDIATELY prayed, seriously it was freaky. All of the sudden, this colectivo guy (basically taxi) passed and then stopped and said that he would take us to where we´re going for free because he felt like he needed to take us. IT WAS SO AWESOME!! And then on the way back the parents walked us back to our house so it was good. WOO-HOO ANSWERED PRAYERS! :)

Anyways, I love the branch, love Ovalle, and love missionary work. I hope you guys are all good, I LOVE YOU!!

CON AMOR HERMANA HANSEN

AWESOME video about the preisthood
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages/topics/priesthood?v=1463152568001

Cute ward children putting on a Mother's Day Program

No comments:

Post a Comment