Sunday, April 26, 2015

The hardest thing I´ve ever loved‏


Hayley didn't send photos this week, so here is a screenshot from the countdown I have on my phone.  On Monday, we hit double digits!  Yay!
Buenas tardes familia!
This week was a little crazy, it was awesome though!! I´m just gonna share a couple miracles that happened...

FIRST OFF, I had contacted this less active in a colectivo the other day, S, he was the driver and said his family had just moved from Santiago and that he wanted to take them to church! SO he said we could come over in the morning. We went and taught his wife, J, who isn´t a member and she is GOLDEN. She wants a happy and secure family, and we are just so happening to be studying in the book of mormon the answers all the cards from mormon.org that are the questions of the soul, and that´s one of them! SO we just whipped out a bunch of scriptures and examples and the spirit was really strong!! Her son also isn´t a member, Al, he´s 13 and really cool. Afterwards she was just so happy and kept talking about how peaceful and relaxed she felt after talking to us! AH! For all missionaries who have seen the district, she also has a little girl, it´s basically the Robles family. BUT we haven´t been able to find them after that, it looks like they traveled, please pray we can find them again!

ALSO we found this girl, R, the other day contacting and her cute little daughter, and she said to come back on Sunday afternoon when her boyfriend was going to be there (they live together, yes, but they´re going to change when they learn the law of chastity). SO we went back, he was pretty weird because he´s had all these weird experiences and goes around healing people supposedly, so we were kinda like uhhhh yeah we´re out. BUT. We showed him the Book of Mormon and he got REALLY excited! He said that he and R had been praying for a book of truth just the other day, and now we were giving him one.... WHAT. And then, after, he asked if the temple in Santiago was ours, and we told him yes, and he said that he had a dream that he went in the temple and went to the basement and saw someone taking the most important parts of a lot of books to make them one book... Basically he saw Mormon. We told him that´s what the book of Mormon is, and the spirit was SO strong, and he was just like wow... This is so crazy. BASICALLY, it was awesome. He´s either crazy or is going to be a general authority, no sé. It was SO COOL!

Besides that the week went way well, Hermana Evans and I just laugh all the time and have a lot of fun. We are finally going to be able to see T tomorrow, and D is probably getting baptized next Sunday! Also B is progressing little by little... Also with all of our new investigators! We´re just hoping and praying that the progression continues, because that seems to be the problem here in Chorrillos, tons of progress and then they disappear!

Okay I just have to share something super quick! On Thursday, we had our coordination meeting with my ward mission leader, and he got there late so we were waiting outside the chapel, and it was right as the sun was setting. Seriously, it was SO gorgeous. I am in the most beautiful place in the world. I love chile. But it was the most beautiful moment. I just felt that extreme wonder and gratitude for being able to be a missionary in this place and at this time. I know that sometimes my sectors have been a little rough, the mission is hard, but I have grown and progressed so much and seen the growth and progress of SO many people. And honestly, I don´t feel like the mission is hard, even though I KNOW it is! My heart is full. I am so happy here. I think the mission is a taste of what the Celestial Kingdom is going to be like. There´s a scripture that i read the other day that I just LOVE.

Alma 5:7  "
Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word...''
I know that during my time here, my Heavenly Father has changed MY heart and awakened me out of my deep sleep. I have felt the illumination of my soul, and I am so eternally grateful for the miracle of God´s plan. It is so perfect, and so incredible. I don´t ever want to forget, and I just want to keep the sacred covenants that I have made and please my Father in Heaven. I hope that you all have had a great week, I love you guys SO much!!!
*also shoutout to mali grace for getting on varsity cheer!! :) love you!
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment