Monday, June 16, 2014

VIÑA Y FELIZ DIA DEL PADRE!!! :)‏






HELLO FAMILY

How are you guys??? And HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO DAD even though I know that he's off motorcycling somewhere haha crazy. This week was good!! I have a lot to say I think so hang in there for a little haha. 

First off, it rained again, and there was another earthquake hahaha so THAT was fun!! This rain was CRAZY, it was literally pouring but it was so awesome. We are all covered in mud now, but Ovalle NEEDS it!! And it was nice to sleep to the sound of rain again, it reminded me of home in Washington :) Now its getting hot during the day again because Ovalle is crazy, I am going to be so sad when I have to leave this zone haha.

Big fun news, WE WENT TO VIÑA!!! :) Oh my goodness it was crazy but honestly so so fun. So we got up at 2:30 am and this family drove us to the Ovalle sur building downtown.  Then we all sat as a zone half asleep talking until the bus came!! I got on and saw Hermana Morris and Hermana Smith, two of my roommates from the MTC!! I totally freaked out haha. then basically everyone slept but of course I cant sleep in cars haha but it was fine, I was too excited!! THEN we stopped in Los Vilos to pick up that zone, and I was already expecting to see Hermana Bluth, one of my companions from the MTC, but then HERMANA FRANDSEN also got on!!! Oh my gosh I almost cried. I was so excited to see them!! So not fair that they're in the same zone, but it was so good to see them. But at this point it was like 4:30 am so everyone slept and I sat and freaked out inside and read the Book of Mormon a little bit haha. Then we finally got there around 8:30 and I saw EVERYONE!! Elder Draney - elder pederson - elder rupert - hermana watt - hermana evans - elder dalton - elder martinez - elder duran etc, etc ALL of my friends from the MTC!! :) And then best of all, HERMANA PUERTAS!!! Ahhhh...I literally cried a little bit when I saw her. She is seriously so great. I miss her so much! 

Then was the conference with Elder Robbins! It was the best. Honestly so amazing. He's in the presidency of the first quorum of the seventy!! We got to shake his hand and everything and say "hi" to President and Hermana Kahnlein (seriously the best mission president in the world) and then it began! He let us ask questions and he answered them, It was so awesome!! The best part was that he spoke Spanglish the whole time haha it was awesome. But really, the spirit was so strong, you could almost touch it! We talked a lot about the spirit, about looking and listening before speaking, using our agendas like liahonas and the importance of faith, having a positive attitude as we obey (because he said he could feel we are a really obedient mission but that even laman and lemuel were obedient, the key is our attitude haha) And a LOT more!! Ah it totally pumped me up (spiritually that is). Afterwards we took a picture as a mission and got right back on the bus and headed back and got to Ovalle around 7:30 and we went out and taught until 9:30 as usual hahaha it was really fun, but OH MY GOSH was I exhausted this whole week!! I'm going to catch up on some sleep after we get back home before p-day is over haha. 

The rest of this week was pretty normal!! We had exchanges and that was really fun. I spoke a lot of English with Hermana Plothow (after almost 3 months speaking hardly any) who goes home after this cambio and I am so sad about it!! We put another baptismal date with our investigator C and her kids, she is AMAZING and I'm so excited for her. :) Hermana Lopez has a sinus infection so we had to stay inside a couple of days, but it was good because Chile was playing in the world cup one of the days and everyone else says no one paid any attention!! It was funny, I could count the goals because literally everyone was inside watching it and you could hear the cheers and boos from anywhere!! And to end it all, yesterday I spoke in church and prepared the lesson for gospel principles. Oh AND I'm the ward pianist, I don't know if i had told you guys that before haha it was a little crazy but I love this branch so I'm okay with it. 

WOW that was a lot, but it was a crazy week!! I really hope you all are well, I love everyone so so much and have THE BEST week!!!

love, hermana hansen


WATCH THESE VIDEOS


Hayley with Hermana Watt - her first mission friend

Hayley with Hermana Avery and Hermana Puertas

Hayley in VIÑA!

On the bus heading to the conference

Hayley & Hermana Lopez (her comp)




Hayley with her MTC roommates on the bus

Hayley with Hermana Puertas and her trainer

Hermana Puertas

Hayley with Hermana Bluth (MTC comp)

Hayley and her MTC companions: Hermana Frandsen & Hermana Bluth

Making bread with M

Yummy bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment